Thursday, November 04, 2004

DJ Me, DJ You

Can You See The Music
Eenie Meenie Records

Okay, okay! I know this disc is two-years-old, but the blog is new and I'm a bit behind the times. Neverthless, when this CD came across my desk, I was intrigued. I had heard several tracks off the eenie meenie website, and thought this was worth looking into further. I was not disappointed.

Consider first that Ross Harris and Craig Borrell once partnered with Beck in a collaborative known as Sukia and you might begin to suspect their musical leanings. "CYSTM" throws together computers with a party atmosphere to turn out a luscious disc of sample-based dance music.

One of the first tracks I laid my ears on was "Fresh Technology," a celebration of computers and music. "Fresh" is the right word for this track. Harris & Borrell put together a sound and nurture it, much like building a computer program.

The rest of disc doesn't relax here. From the zany "Zodiac Ape" to the pulsating "New You," DJ Me, DJ You deliver a disc that will have your happy feet moving like a cartoon character dancing at 78RPM. I actually used this music as part of my workout and it keep me moving and motivated.

* * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home