Friday, October 08, 2004

The Great Beyond

As far back as I can remember, music has been a part of my life. I can remember my maternal grandmother playing 45 RPM records on her console stereo and being fascinated by the sounds that emerged. I was astonished when I learned that my paternal grandmother and her six sisters were all musicians. I recently learned that my father was a musician, although he probably hasn't touched an instrument in over forty years.

Still, today I find music to be very stale. What we are fed by major record companies in tantamount to mold on bread that has been left out for five days. Thus, I began a quest to search out great music that radio wouldn't dare touch (with the exception of college radio). It is here that the idea of "The Great Beyond" was born.

I began to scour independent magazines such as Magnet, Elemental, Under The Radar, and others seeking new music. From there, I hit websites and found that the wealth of music available for my ears to discover was astonishing.

My hope is that this will become a local radio show in Albuquerque, NM. My pie-in-the-sky dream is that it might go national. In the meantime, keep checking back for reviews, interviews, and what/who magazines are covering. My first reviews will be posted shortly. Some may go back in time, but most will be timely.

I have discovered some cool music that deserves attention. I hope you enjoy what comes from my heart, but please understand that these are only my opinions. Your voice is welcome. Enjoy and welcome to "The Great Beyond."

Thank you for your time,
Sal Treppiedi







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like the movie i'm writing
http://www.soundclick.com/eddiecrowesbluesunchained

and check out my people at plasticthemovie.com tellem eddie sent you
also http://www.pinballchamp.com check out her background in music,. she is my new producer when i start recording.
ray charles dug her......................happy reading and listening to some house rockin blues................................eddie crowe

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home