Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Here is a list of New Year's Resolutions from friends of TGB. Feel free to add yours.

Steven Morricone - Scaramanga Six: To not be so late all the time, to become a bit more like Tom & Barbara Good (a la 'The Good Life'), to get some earplugs and loads of boring label/band-related things you really don't want to know about.

Paul Lewis: To be an even better musician/artist; to be the best husband, father, friend I can be; and to never stop learning!

Shirley Lee - Spearmint: Me personally: to do more exercise and eat more dried fruit. For the band, I don't know yet. We meet up each January and make our "Pop Wishes", which are the things we want to happen or the things we want to do that year. We then seal them up and hide them in a copy of Burt Bacharach's Hit Maker album. We get them out the following January and see if Burt has been good to us!

William Cameron - Winechuggers:
Travel
Take more walks
Play more shows
Read more books
Watch more movies
Record a new album
Get off my fat lazy ass and guzzle the sweet sweet nectar of life

Edie Sedgwick:
Fewer Manhattan's.
More time with Kitty Kats.
Complete that African safari.
Write a tell-all exposing love affair with Martha Stewart.
Update blog more frequently at http://www.ediesedgwick.biz/
Love life!

Cynthia Conrad - Blood Ruby: This New Year is an important event for me. Six months ago, after being diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer and undergoing a grueling chemo regimen and major surgery that left me weak and terminally ill, I was sent to Hospice with a prognosis of 4-6 weeks left to live. Somehow I survived.

In previous years, I always viewed resolutions as taking something away from myself: eat less, spend less money, watch less tv, get up earlier,break old habits, make time for housekeeping and exercise, and so forth.

This year is different. This year I resolve instead to *give* myself something: better nutrition, more secure wealth, more knowledge and imagination, more energy, better habits, better organization, better fitness, and so forth. This year I resolve to do the things I love andlove the things I do. This year I resolve to live.

Thermal and a Quarter:
Bruce: Shut up and play my guitar
Rajeev: Start playing one new instrument (piano if possible)
Rzhude: To live this year like it's the last one I have.
Sunil Chandy: To crack a joke at a gig that people would actually laugh at

Anna-Lynne Williams - Trespassers William: My personal desire has been to compose a song for a film. Whether this time (it) pans out, that is a goal for this year. And the next record will be even better, I already know that. Beware.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, it's been a great year. Thanks to everyone who contributed, gave time to be interviewed, and, of course, the readers. Second, my resolution is to lose weight (cliche), to publish my first chapbook of poetry, and to see the fruition of TGB as a radio show. There are too many bands being neglected, yet in our corporate radio conglomerate world, there are many people who choose to have their music spoon fed to them. TGB is about education, educating music lovers. Look, true music fans know that there is more oratory pleasure than what is heard on corporate radio. The popularity of college stations across this country is evidence of that. With satellite radio helping to bring more of a variety of sounds to our world, it may not be long before any band across this globe will be able to hide. Yet, if this small blog can a play a part in turning someone's ears onto cool sounds, that's good enough for me.

Keep checking back in. Spread the word. Support the bands you read about on this blog. There's more to music than a top 200 list of albums. Pick from those obscure vines. Enjoy the fruits. You may find them the sweetest you have ever tasted.

Thank you,
Sal Treppiedi
Living in "The Great Beyond"and presumed having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home