Saturday, October 08, 2005

Celebration Time!!!

The Great Beyond Marks Its First Anniversary

It was one year ago that The Great Beyond made its debut. This endeavor started as a labor of love, and it continues to be so. My love of music dates back many years (my first album was Aerosmith's Toys In The Attic), but the expansion of musical tastes has taken place over the last ten years. Working on The Great Beyond has given me the good fortune of discovering new sounds from around the world.

There are many people to thank. First, my family. To my beautiful wife, Debbie, for providing me unconditional love and for having the patience so that I may have the opportunity to pursue this creative outlet. You are a treasure. To my daughter, Calle, who I'm hoping is learning to appreciate the immense musical talent that exists on our planet. Your love has meant so much to me, and I cannot begin to thank you enough.

To all the musicians, labels, and publicists who have shared their talents, gifts, and words. Without you having the courage and faith to sit down and write a few words, this blog would be a mere shell of itself. I am honored to be able to help, and appreciate the talents that you bring to the musical spectrum of our world.

In year two, I hope to take The Great Beyond to new heights. My goal is to have a radio show, and, possibly, a syndicated column. In the meantime, I hope you find this blog insightful, and are able to expand your knowledge of music.

Respectfully,

Sal Treppiedi

Here are a few congratulatory messages:

Sal - Congratulations on the anniversary of the first year of the existence of The Great Beyond. Your intelligence and sincerity, and the zine's relevance to modern music as art and literature, makes it unique, as well as sorely needed in the world of independent music. Your own efforts as an English teacher, a carrier of the continued vitality of the language, has even greater relevance to we members of DJ Monkey, who base our art on a very intricate marriage between poetry and music. As you know, though our music is quite involved, it is our poetry, lyrics and raps which make up the purpose of our existence, therefore we could not ask for a better vehicle for us to have been spotlighted in this past year than The Great Beyond.

It is our prayer that in the years to come, The Great Beyond survive and receive the attention it deserves.

Joey Alkes - DJ Monkey

Congrats on your 1st Anniversary! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about 3 Kisses on The Great Beyond. I've used your review in our newsletter and in press kits. It is very important for new artists to have people like you out there who are willing to take the time to listen to our music and jot a few lines about it. 3 Kisses greatly appreciates your support and we wish you many more successful years!

All the Best,
Tish Meeks
3 Kisses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you and your dedication not only to things you find interest in but in life. Your overwhelming zeal for life has me wanting to live again. Thank you for being part of my life and having this awesome blog!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home