Friday, December 31, 2004

The Best of 2004

Here are the 25 releases from 2004 that I would pack f I were to be stranded on a desert island. Okay, it's cheesy, but indulge me. These are in no particular order.

  • Umphrey's McGee - Anchor Drops
  • The Roots - The Tipping Point
  • Joss Stone - Mind, Body and Soul
  • Keane - Hopes & Fears
  • cLOUDDEAD - Ten
  • Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
  • Interpol - Antics
  • The Futureheads - Futureheads
  • The Shins - Chutes To Narrow
  • Arel Larrieux - Bravebird
  • Teedra Moses - Complex Simplicity
  • The Comas - Conductor
  • Wilco - A Ghost is Born
  • Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News
  • Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company
  • Elvis Costello & The Attractions - The Delivery Man
  • Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me
  • Mos Def - The New Danger
  • Prince - Musicolgy
  • The Delays - Faded Seaside Glory
  • !!! - Louden Up Now
  • Patti Smith - Trampin'
  • TV on the Radio - Desparate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babies
  • Air - Walkie Talkie
  • Sual Williams - Saul Williams

I might change a few things as I discover something I had forgotten, but this is what it is as of now. As I discover new sounds, expect that my list will be quite different next year. Still, for this year, here you are. I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and "Hey, you left __________ out!"

Enjoy 2005! Let the music do the talkin'!!


1 Comments:

Blogger kenyon said...

oh yea DELAYS! you know it! hey, link me up dude!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home